Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Experiment essay topic

For the experiment essay I plan on doing various types of sprinting types of exercise every weekday. I chose this experiment because I have had bad cardio for most of my life, but also have gotten really bad shin splints and knee pains when doing long distance running. I want to see if doing sprinting exercise will help with my cardio and become more overall fit without the nuisance of injury or issues of longer distance running. I have never thought of doing sprinting exercises until my friend recommended it to me. I also have been weightlifting every weekday as well, so I want to see if doing these exercise will hamper my routine or further boost it.
            For training purposes, I have decided to join my friend in running club and join him in his sprint workouts. He is pretty qualified as a sprinter, as being invited to nationals in high school and being an All American sprinter for club. I will also use articles online for help in training and others experiences with proceeding this route for cardio exercise.
            This experiment I feel will help me change me for the better, the worst thing would be if it hampered my weight training progress. I already have built one solid habit since coming here to Virginia Tech, I feel this one will much harder for me however. To track my progress, I will set goals in simple things such as times for certain distances, feeling in running, and how good my technique is in things like breathing or form. I hope to gain strength, overall cardio, speed, and stress relief.  

Improving my cardio will allow me to improve in other aspects of my life that I love. Things like sports will improve if my goals are achieved, in that speed and fitness will be stronger. I will gain stronger work ethic in pushing through with routine. The stress relief may help me with my studies and social life. This may be the routine that leads to the overall change to a better student and person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment