Thursday, October 6, 2016

350 word extra part

The first week of this experiment started exactly how I expected it to go, complete and utter hell. Perseverance is the hardest part of this experiment. The fact of having to wake up at 630 in the morning to do one of the most exhausting yet boring sports was going to be a challenge. The hardest part is just willing myself out of bed in darkness where even the most devout of people would agree waking up is the hardest part. The first week I even cheated, mostly due to it being test week, by only going 3 out of the five scheduled days. I confirmed my beliefs and will continue to have this thought train, running is by far the most boring thing to do whilst being the most exhausting sport in my experience. This is mostly in football, soccer, or basketball I can be able to focus on other things than that of the actual running or jumping.
            Now getting on the greatest component of running that translates to other parts of life the trait of consistency. Consistency is the number one rule of running; have consistent good form, train consistently, have steady breath, and pacing. The benefits directly translated into my diet and workout routine. I consistently have breakfast right after running in the morning at D2, and do some homework/study. Then proceed to do weightlifting at night and by the end. The time I gained by waking up at 6:30 as opposed to 10 allowed for me to actually eat breakfast and get more schoolwork done. I also for some reason even with less sleep, feel more energized throughout the day.
            Now about what my actual routine is during this experiment for sprints and speed work. The only consistent part of the routine was the warmup and cooldown. Warmups started off with running two laps around the track and then proceeding to do a plethora of dynamic movements such as lunges, butt kicks, and etc. This approximately takes about half an hour to finish all the warmup exercises. To the actual sprints, my trainer/friend has been doing a variety of exercises to do. For example, sprinting 100m eight times, then moving onto 30m sprints, and then finishing off with a couple of 400m sprints. By the end I feel like my chest is going to explode from how hard I am breathing, but there is a sense of accomplishment in finishing the exercises.



No comments:

Post a Comment